Sunday, January 29, 2017

Shop vintage kitsch with JunkYardBlonde on etsy

If you're looking for mid century mod, with atomic flair, and just a touch of Mad Men... you'll find it at JunkYardBlonde! I was able to catch up with this kitschy shop owner to find out a little more about their HUGE collection (almost 1000 items in stock), and here's what I learned...



Before we jump in, of course I have to disclaim a few things...
As you probably know, I've had an etsy shop of my own since 2009, featuring both vintage and handmade items. The shops I'm featuring today are owned by sellers I became aware of through twitter... however, I don't know any of these shop owners personally, nor have I been compensated for this review. I simply love the collections they consistently curate, and want to share them with you! That being said... let's get shopping ;D



What is your specialty, if any? If you focus on a particular type of item in your shops, tell us why? I don't really have a specialty, although, I do tend to gravitate towards anything kitschy, mid century mod, Atomic, Mad Men Era and 50s & 60s Toys, Rubber Face Plushies and Squeak Toys. I collect myself and am drawn to many things. I do try to think "outside my box" to incorporate other items into my shop, ones I am not necessarily drawn to, but I know others will like very much.

What do you consider the most unique/special item in your shop right now?
I have had various different vintage Clown Toys and Plushies that were unique and sold very fast. I have had several items that h ave sold for sets of movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos. I sold a pair of Victorian Scissors that are featured in a pretty popular music video!


Besides your etsy shop, where can we find you?
Facebook : www.facebook.com/JunkYardBlonde

Instagram: www.instagram.com/junkyardblonde

Twitter: twitter.com/JunkYardBlonde

Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/junkyardblonde

Tumbler: junkyardblonde.tumblr.com

EtsyonSale: www.etsyonsale.com/shop/JunkYardBlonde

Website: www.junkyardblonde.com

Thanks so much to JunkYardBlonde for sharing. Be sure to check out the shop, and let us know what you think!



Who are your favorite vintage sellers? What was your favorite vintage find? Share it here! Once again, I want to thank all the independent shop owners out there who spend the time to find, repair, upcycle, and restore these awesome vintage pieces so we all can continue to enjoy them!

OK, that's all for now; on to the next project! Want to know what it is? Follow me on twitter for sneak peeks and updates! If you're just looking for DIY inspiration, stayed tuned @ dawntoussaint.com for more on my DIY projects through the year! If you're looking to get some of the items you've seen here, on twitter, or on my boards, check out my etsy shop!

1 comment:

  1. Yes!! JunkYardBlonde is one of my favorite vintage shops too!!

    ReplyDelete