Monday, March 28, 2011

I spoiled myself at yarnparty 2011




How could I resist, it was my birthday after all ;D
It all started a few weeks ago when my awesome husband asked, "any special requests for your birthday?"... well since you asked! And off we drove to Savage, Maryland. When we got there I was a little concerned because parking was a challenge(the place was packed!), but once a got inside the Savage Mill building I was pleasantly surprised. It's a charming place filled with little shops including paper crafts, pet stuff, paintings, beads, quilts, and more. So we made our way over to the main hall where the yarn party was being held and walked on in (no fee to get in!). The floor was crowded but manageable, and I made my first sweep around the room in about 5 minutes. Then in the next 2 passes I picked up all the items I had my eyes on and well... I came home with a great big bag of fancy hand dyed, hand spun, hand sheared, and all around awesome fibers... so I thought I'd share my favorites with you here!





3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you do with all of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a book of those knitted animals in Dutch

    ReplyDelete